About Me

My photo
My name is Alli, but if you are looking at this blog you probably already know that!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A visit to an old friend




When Thomas and I went to Mendocino, over Labor day, we went down a narrow pathway and happened to find a treasure. Several years ago, I found a bench/artwork called "Bench for a Lonely person" (because the bench already has a mosaic person on it) and I had my picture taken with it. Then, the next time I was there, the bench was gone, and the locals said that it was due to vandalism, and the owner took it away. It was really sad... I think I thought way too much into it, but the bench was lonely without anyone on it... so when the bench got taken away I just thought of how it must be somewhere getting fixed and probably feeling as lonesome/hopeless as a bench could get. So, you can imagine my amazement when we came around the corner and saw it happily situated near some quaint littles stores and flower-bedecked little picket fence. We had to get pictures, and I admit that I teared up... sniff sniff... it made my day!

2 comments:

heart val said...

More adventures from Allison please!!!

Only Alli said...

Oh dear... I have been so busy, but I really do need to add more... I promise... more to come soon!!!